Spring 2022 COVID-19 Communication
Effective March 21, 2022, St. Clair College will move from active to passive screening. This means that the daily questionnaire will not need to be formally completed through the SIS system. The College believes that everyone understands the symptoms of COVID-19 and the requirement to stay home if ill. The close contact/household contact self-isolation requirements have been updated by the province (see COVID Case Management Guidance). A Provincial Testing and Isolation Information Line is available at 1-888-777-0730 (toll-free), every day from 8 am to 6 pm to answer questions on the latest guidance.
We thank all staff and students for their resilience, patience and compliance with the pandemic safety requirements throughout this pandemic and ask for a little more patience as we close out this semester.
St. Clair College encourages everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and continues to offer COVID-19 vaccination opportunities on campus.
SCC South offers clinics in the Campus Health Centre for first, second, and booster doses of mRNA vaccine for eligible staff and students.
All COVID-19 vaccine doses are available by appointment.
Appointments can be made by visiting MYST.CLAIR and selecting the green "COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment" tile, or by logging into SIS.
If you received COVID-19 vaccines outside of Ontario and would like to receive your Ontario COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate (QR code), call the Health Nurse at 519-972-2727 ext. 4484 for assistance.
- Moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals are encouraged to consult with their health care provider to arrange for their COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- If you recently had a COVID-19 infection, speak to your health care provider or the Health Nurse (ext. 4484) to discuss the recommended interval for you to receive your next dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
For other questions regarding COVID-19 vaccines, please contact the Health Nurse at 519-972-2727 ext. 4484.
Please remember to bring either your Ontario Health Card (OHIP card) or, a piece of a government-issued ID to your appointment, along with any record of previous COVID-19 vaccine doses.
St. Clair College Chatham Campus:
- Staff and students attending the Chatham Campus can access first, second, and booster doses of COVID-19 vaccines at the Main (South) Campus in Windsor or at a public vaccination clinic led by the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit (CKPHU).
- Clinic dates and appointment information can be found on the CKPHU website.
- St. Clair College will move from active to passive screening. This means that the daily questionnaire will not need to be formally completed through the SIS system.
- Please do not attend campus if you are ill. Public Health websites should be consulted for guidance.
- Please continue to follow enhanced cleaning and disinfecting guidelines.